A WorkSafeBC approved one day programme designed to provide life saving first aid skills to workers in industry.
Candidates must be at least 16 years of age and be able to understand and perform the first aid skills required to complete the learning tasks. No previous first aid training is required.
To qualify for certification the candidate must participate in a minimum of seven hours of training and successfully complete the course objectives as taught and evaluated by a person authorized by WorkSafeBC (WCB).   Certification is valid for three years from the date of completion of the Level 1 training course.
To renew a level 1 certificate a candidate must successfully retake the entire Level 1 course.
Given an accident scenario with one casualty the successful candidate will be able to:
- Demonstrate the Priority Action Approach for conscious patients and patients with a decreased level of consciousness.
- Identify and perform appropriate critical interventions of the airway with C-spine control.
- Identify and perform appropriate critical interventions for respiratory emergencies.
- Identify and perform appropriate critical interventions for circulatory emergencies.
- Identify and perform appropriate care for minor soft tissue injuries, minor burns, minor strains and sprains, and poisonings.
- Identify common medical conditions such as seizures and diabetes and describe basic first aid care for these conditions.
- Demonstrate competence in completing required workplace paperwork (First Aid Record)
PLEASE NOTE: Some people suffer ill effects as a result of being exposed to specific items such as nuts while others are adversely affected by some fragrances. The effects of these allergies can range anywhere from bothersome to life threatening or anywhere in between. While you are in our school, please refrain from using any perfumes, colognes or aftershave lotions. Their fragrances may be pleasant in the outdoors but not so much in the confined space of a classroom to someone with asthma.
The WorkSafeBC Occupational First Aid level one course is still only $90 which includes the text. Group rates are available onsite as well as offsite. Paper registration commences at 8:15 a.m. The following dates are scheduled for the remainder of 2017:
|Wednesday||September 6||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||September 16||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||September 30||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||October 4||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||October 11||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||October 14||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||October 21||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||October 25||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||November 1||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||November 4||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||November 8||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||November 18||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||November 22||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||December 2||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||December 6||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||December 16||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||December 20||8:30 a.m - 4:30 p.m.|
The downloadable schedule is in PDF format, and will require a PDF viewer to read. If you do not have a PDF viewer, you may visit www.adobe.com to download the free Acrobat Reader.