Standard First Aid & CPR
Learning First Aid & CPR is as essential as learning to walk or to read. First Aid & CPR skills are applicable in your daily life, both at home and at work, and prepare you to act on, control, and manage life’s emergencies. Before a professional responder arrives to help, you can make all the difference in helping someone in need.
Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR training is basic knowledge delivered in easy-to-follow steps – we teach you simple routines that you can apply to a variety of situations, from small injuries and conditions to more severe injuries. This knowledge can turn you from a helpless bystander into someone who can save a life and has the knowledge and skills to help.
We created our courses with you, our participant, in mind – to make it as easy as possible for you to attend a course and retain the information.
About this course:
- 14 – 16 hour course with flexible scheduling options
- Includes CPR Level C
- Provides you with a 3-year valid certification recognized in the workplace (a shortened recertification course is available in groups)
- Includes AED certification
- Equivalent to Occupational First Aid level 1
What you will learn:
- How to respond to emergencies
- The EMS system
- The 3 key principles in First Aid – Check, Call, Care
- How to deal with Airway, Breathing, and Circulation Emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and circulatory emergencies
- First aid for head and spinal emergencies
- First aid for bone, muscle, and joint emergencies
- First aid for sudden medical emergencies (i.e. diabetes, seizures, childbirth, etc)
- First aid for environmental emergencies
PLEASE NOTE: Some people suffer ill effects as a result of being exposed to specific items such as nuts while others are adversely affected by some fragrances. The effects of these allergies can range anywhere from bothersome to life threatening or anywhere in between. While you are in our school, please refrain from using any perfumes, colognes or aftershave lotions. Their fragrances may be pleasant in the outdoors but not so much in the confined space of a classroom for someone with asthma.
The Standard First Aid course with AED is still $160 and includes the online text.
The Standard First Aid course is offered over the 2 full days of a weekend (Saturday and Sunday) from 8:30 to 4:30. With a group of 8 or more you have a much wider choice of date and venue. Red Cross manages your certificate and not the school. A nice feature of this is that should you lose your certificate you can print yours out again. The following dates are scheduled for the remainder of 2019:
|Course Dates||Course Times||Delivery Method|
|April 27 and 28||8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Weekend|
|May 25 and 26||8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Weekend|
|June 22 and 23||8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Weekend|
|July 20 and 21||8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Weekend|
|August 24 and 25||8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Weekend|
|September 28 and 29||8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Weekend|
|October 26 and 27||8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Weekend|
|November 23 and 24||8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Weekend|
|December 21 and 22||8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Weekend|
The downloadable schedule is in PDF format, and will require a PDF viewer to read. If you do not have a PDF viewer, you may visit www.adobe.com to download the free Acrobat Reader.
Maple Ridge First Aid School Limited
#2 – 20475 Lougheed Highway,
Maple Ridge, BC, V2X 9B6
Tel: (604) 465-5622
Fax: (604) 465-4223